Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Blogging to Reflect

Reflection is an important aspect of learning. A simpler way in which we can reflect is through the use of blogging. By writing this blog we will be able to conclude all the positive and important aspects of reflection, it will also allow us to evaluate the lecture and form opinions for discussions with other peers. This is referred to as action-evaluating.
By looking at the different branches of my mind bubble I can address different areas of the lecture and the topic itself. I found the lesson on reflection very informative and creating the mind bubble was fun, especially making it our own by changing the layout and colours. I enjoy and learn more effectively when tasks are more hands on and creative. The more attractive it looks the more likely information will be remembered for later recall.
Looking back at the lecture I found it very confusing at first because I am not used to blogging. I kept making mistakes and getting frustrated with myself but when I calmed down and started from scratch with a clear mind, I found it easier to tackle the challenge in hand and in the end found blogging enjoyable.
Next time I am flustered I will ask for help straight away rather than continue to struggle. I will work out what I am going to do in a step by step plan, ticking off each small task as it is done, highlighting any areas to come back to. There is also need to double check everything has saved on my blog and I am able to view it.
Gibbs(1988) claims there are six steps in effective reflective learning; description, feelings, evaluation, analysis, conclusion and action plan. Gibbs is the only researcher (exception of Boud) that takes emotions into consideration. Throughout my blog I have addressed all six of Gibbs elements.
By reflecting on the previous lecture and addressing any problems I experienced, I was able to find solutions through group work. After talking to other members of the class I feel that I am not alone with some of my struggles with blogging as for many of them this is all new as well.
Overall I think reflection is very important to draw conclusions and to move forward with enhancing future learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment