Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Evaluation of our work

Even though overall we were exceptionally proud and happy with our final stop motion animation, we did have a few problems along the way and also when watching our final piece realised some elements we wish we had changed, or do differently in future, they were;

> Lighting, due to the amount of time we spent filming and taking photos, the lighting throughout the day changed e.g. evenings darker than morning in the class room.  We tried to overcome this problem by blacking out one window using an A3 piece of card.  This did not solve the problem completely but it did minimize it.  When watching our film on the day of assessment the slight change in lighting conveniently occured when the sun was setting and moon was rising, I felt this ended up being extremely effective after all

>Moulding clay flowers, to make several flowers that were only slightly different to ensure a smooth flow of movement when creating our animation, we overcame this challenge by being patient and taking our time

If I was to re do this assignment I would aim to make my story line more complex, maybe more flowers growing at once or even a more detailed background.  I thoroughly enjoyed doing this project  

5 comments:

  1. Also, I think that the programmes we used would have been better if they were more updated, that would have helped with a few of our problems

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know miuch about this kind of thing before the module started but from how it lookeed on the big screen I agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this girls I have mentioned it in my evaluation as it seemed to effect the quality of many of the group's videos on the interactive whiteboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were a range of output options when you export the movie, did you select the largest one?

    ReplyDelete